11:05a, Conf. Rm. A (Main Level)
True to form, Faith and Life will connect daily life and current events to the Gospel texts of the Lenten season. Each week participants are encouraged to bring in news stories in print or digital format to connect with the Gospel passage. The class will use its normal friendly debate style to engage in levels of questioning that seek to make the leap from secular to theological.
- Feb. 14: Gospel Connections: The Temptation of Jesus
- Feb. 21: Gospel Connections: The Lament Over Jerusalem
- Feb. 28: Gospel Connections: The Parable of the Barren Fig Tree
- Mar. 6: Gospel Connections: The Parable of the Prodigal and His Brother
- Mar. 13: Gospel Connections: Mary Anoints Jesus