Director of Ministry
The Director of Ministry is a lay professional who oversees educational and small group
ministries at St. Matthew’s Episcopal Church. This is a full-time position.
For a detailed description and requirements, click here.
To apply, email your resume to The Rev. Kelly Kirby.
The Ministry Assistant is a lay professional who supports children, youth, and adult formation programs at St. Matthew’s Episcopal Church.
The Director of Ministry while also working as needed with all other staff and the Children’s Committee.
● Previous work with children and youth or volunteer experience in a church, non-profit, or educational setting
● Experience leading groups of all ages
Desired Skills and Attributes:
● Takes initiative independently
● Able to maintain a calm presence in high energy situations
● Polite, friendly, and courteous to all parishioners and volunteers
● Knowledge of age appropriate activities for various groups
● Confidentiality and dependability
● Desire to serve God and others
● Excitement for the vision and mission of St. Matthew’s Episcopal Church
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
● Provide organizational and administrative support for the Director of Ministry
● Lead or assist with children & youth programming
● Act as a coordinator or assistant for events
● Arrive early to programs and set up
● Assist in preparing youth acolytes for the 10am Eucharist
● Welcome new families (especially those with children and youth), follow up after meeting for the first and second time
● Communicate with parishioners as needed via email, phone call, in person, or by mail
● Coordinate the use of budgeted funds with the Director of Ministry
● Enter weekly Church School and children/youth program attendance into the church database
● Attend meetings associated with the children and youth departments as needed
● Recruit new volunteers for ministries
● Provide direct support to teachers and ministry leaders
● Ensure that sign in sheets are prepared and in place
● Greet parishioners by name
● Complete the Safeguarding God’s Children Training successfully
● Arrive on time and stay until the event or program is finished
● Return spaces to an appropriate level of cleanliness for use during the week by the preschool
● Meet as needed with the Director of Ministry to discuss upcoming events and needs for the parish
● Communicate needs for supplies to the Director of Ministry.
● Complete employee sign in sheet
This is a part-time hourly position. Sundays are a regular work day. This position does not qualify for overtime pay. St. Matthew’s offers a competitive wage based on education and experience that includes paid vacation time.
The responsibilities listed above are representative of the job, may change from time to time, and are not intended to be all-inclusive. Applicants must undergo a background check and comply with the Safeguarding God’s Children training upon employment.
Email your resume to The Rev. Kelly Kirby.